What is SuccessFactors®?
SAP SuccessFactors is a multinational corporation that provides cloud-based software for human capital management. Human resources (HR), also known as internal customers or employees, need to be managed effectively so your company can attract and retain the best talent in the industry. SuccessFactors helps you gain a competitive advantage for your business by managing your people strategically.
Though it took a few generations to create and implement Digital Transformation, other workplace systems are now making more significant inroads with this emerging technology involvement in digitalization. The way your workforce gets the job done has significantly changed over time and how you manage them.
Humans are still at the root of the equation and have a long way to go in catching up/adapting to the ever-changing working environment. The biggest challenge for you is to ensure that you keep up with the pace of change by involving your workforce with it.
Since being acquired by SAP in 2012, SAP SuccessFactors has grown to become one of the largest providers of cloud-based human capital management software in the world.
Either, you’ve been hearing all about the benefits of SuccessFactors® on the grapevine and you want to get closer to the technology or you already started and seeing the benefits (and also the challenges come with) one thing for sure; training, or lack of it, is the number one contributor to failed CRM projects.
The world’s largest software company, SAP SuccessFactors HCM, offers companies a comprehensive set of HR components. Moreover, SAP SuccessFactors HCM provides cloud-based services to businesses to assist them in transforming their Human Capital Management.
While adopting cloud-based software solutions has many advantages, it comes with its own set of challenges combined with the general challenges.
User adoption. As more and more employees start using new software products, they become familiarized with the platform. However, if employees are not properly onboarded, it could result in an overall negative experience.
Complexity. One of the reasons why it is so complex is that this platform enables many different ways of doing new things, and it requires an alignment with existing business processes. This company has around 300 modules and applications, some of them that are required in certain contexts or make sense only in specific situations. This leads to a lot of confusion among first-time users of this platform throughout the whole process of onboarding new employees.
Digital-savvy workforce. HR teams today can expect employees to be more digitally savvy than ever before and they may wonder how they can offer assistance that will help them adopt software solutions and engage with their company’s digital transformation efforts. Many recent pieces of research on HCM (Human Capital Management) describes how software adoption presents significant challenges to today’s HR teams.
End-user resistance. It’s going to be much harder to convince all employees to use the tool that they don’t like and to change their behavior and daily work routine. Most employees would prefer to stay with their habits rather than change them. The solution should provide enhanced services to the end-users and also be adaptive to its environment or company culture. Moreover, if you are going to introduce a new solution in any organization, whether it is a product or a service, it has to comply with company policies and processes.
Implementation difficulties. SuccessFactors is a complex system that requires significant time and effort to set up and configure. On top of that, customers who need to train their employees on the new system can expect to spend an additional two weeks per employee on training. Given a large number of employees, this would require hundreds or thousands of hours to train on the new system.
The fear of making an error due to complexity stops people from using it. Even after training, some may still hesitate to use SAP SuccessFactors, for they might be afraid that they might not master it. There is a need to make people shake off their fears about using SAP SuccessFactors HCM.
Ineffective Training. When it comes to training, it also has its own issues. Such as forgetting curve. This is a huge issue for companies. They pay a lot of money for employee training but it isn’t effective because the employees forget much of what they learned. The training is usually repeated and the costs add up quickly.
The benefits of using YesElf Digital Adoption Platform for SAP SuccessFactors®
- Less training. Our Digital Adoption Platform allows users to onboard users without spending hundreds of hours upfront only to discover at the end that they did not get through all the material. Our solution guides users through the initial steps so that they can start using the new software before they complete training.
- Faster Adoption. Too much time is being spent to help users adopt the system and the adoption itself. The company is aiming to reduce this time by about 70% by creating intelligent, conversational, personalized, predictive, and parallel walkthroughs for them. YesElf – an intelligent digital adoption platform that uses artificial intelligence and user behavior analysis to express users’ intent in applying enterprise software. YesElf will be also used as a Self-Service tool to help end-users adopting enterprise software by themselves as fast as they can so they can get productive immediately.
- Increase ROI. Most solution providers are fighting a losing battle. That is, vendors are constantly forced to invest in new initiatives to drive user adoption, while simultaneously being held accountable for a quickly growing pile of corporate training content. So how do we continue to drive adoption and reduce training costs all while improving employee productivity and satisfaction? YesElf simplifies the entire employee onboarding and training processes for SuccessFactors® and lets you eliminate manual steps, reduce time to complete by up to 20% (without making any changes to the SuccessFactors® core application), and optimize the employee onboarding process from start to finish.
- Business Analytic Insights. As its digital transformation strategy continues to gain momentum, Yeself has seen that its customers want to use SAP SuccessFactors to drive its people analytics. The main challenge is how to quickly analyze the adoption rate of SAP SuccessFactors HCM, which is the most critical success factor. Get a holistic view of the entire process with the YesElf Business Analytic Insights. The holy grail in analytics is predictive capability. YesElf uses Deep Learning so you can see the bottlenecks in the product adoption process and take preventive measures.
- Personalized guidance for every employee. With the power of AI and ML the personalized step-by-step walkthroughs that take your employees through your software allowing them to perform their job with less training and support regardless of their generation, age, experience level, tech-savviness, etc.
- Retain your employees. By eliminating their frustrations and allow them to focus on their work and not on computer jargon. That’s how YesElf can make your business more competitive and the benefits will be felt through the end of your mission. Simply put, YesElf has been developed to reduce IT support costs and through the advancement of technology, companies are moving from an on-premise to a cloud deployment model.
- Significantly reduce training time, software adoption, and support costs.
- Get more out of SuccessFactors® in the shortest time possible.
- YesElf’s just in time and personalized guidance removes the need for retraining as the guidance will be readily available every time needed.
- The holy grail in analytics is predictive capability. YesElf uses Deep Learning so you can see the bottlenecks in the product adoption process and take preventive measures.
- Make sure all of your users effectively and efficiently guided throughout the application.
- With the power of AI, you can provide contextual and just-in-time guidance, which eases the onboarding process and reduces employee turnover.
- Empower your employees or customers with the self-help and automation options so your support call volumes will lessen.
- Make SAP® SuccessFactors® easy to use for all of your employees regardless of their generation.